CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Wet T-shirt Contest

Backstory:  I am sick.  For my family, this will come as no surprise to you.  It is close to my birthday, which means, I must get sick :(  It's a rule.  


I was video taping for National Boards this afternoon.  I have four second grade classes in a row.  I did not have high hopes for the first two classes and the last class is always horrible.  So I was placing my eggs in the third class basket.  Well, the lesson was grand, the kids were involved, I was rocking....  Then it happened!  I had a coughing fit.  The kind where I can't catch my breath, I can't sing.  I'm turning red and tears are streaming down my face.  Lucky for me, I have a bottle of water (if I can just quit coughing long enough to get it to my mouth) on the table beside me.  I pick it up and pull on the nozzle with my teeth only to remember that the nozzle was clogged and that I had left the cap unscrewed.  Down pours all the water on my shirt...  Yep, dear readers, I was having my own personal wet t-shirt contest in front of a class full of second graders.  Now they do tell us to keep going no matter what happens in the videos.  You can always explain and tell what you would do differently next time.  However, I just can't see myself turning in a video where I had to wring the water out of my shirt....  So, I stopped taping.  But don't worry, I do have it on video.  Just not for your enjoyment.....

2 comments:

Carrie Cruz said...

Did you get a good 15 minutes before it happened? You must share this video with me!

Tiffani said...

Unfortunately, I did not even get a good 15 minutes including this :( It was only 9 minutes including the coughing fit and the downpour... Oh well. I think I am going to do the same lesson with third grade. And then again with second at my other school.... I'll get it done this week. Sick or not sick!