CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Anniversary and RIP

This past weekend, Sandy emailed me a picture of my beloved bucket grill. We had forgotten to celebrate the two year anniversary of me purchasing the beauty. Below, you will find a picture of the bucket on the day of said purchasing. It's beautiful and as you will see, matches my "outside" dishes.




It is truly a great grill for one person. I've even invited friends over and cooked for them. Bryan LOVES the ribs I made on this lovely creature!

Then it happened, I went outside to grill up some pork chops for Bryan and I. I poured the charcoal in the metal pan and POOF they fell through! The bottom of the pan had rusted through! Oh my!!!! Not the bucket! Not my precious, dear friend, bucket. What am I gonna do?! How am I gonna come home from work and grill up a quick "dot dog" (hot dog for those not up on my cutesy words for random stuff)? I'm so distressed about this. And then I had to find another way to cook the pork chops! I almost gave up and just went through a drive-thru. But I couldn't let Bry down. I had to be a trooper and overcome this dilemma. I found a recipe online that pan seared the chops in butter and garlic. They were tasty but dried out :( Oh, I need my grill!

Now, I need a new grill, but I don't know how I could ever replace the bucket. We had become such close friends. We had two wonderful years together. I do know one thing. The next grill I have, will definitely come with a lid! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Carrie Cruz said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grill. It was such a beautiful grill! Why don't you keep the grill parts and get another bucket?

Mrs. Jones said...

That's sad! Thankfully it's summer and that sort of thing is prevalent right now, so hopefully you can find a replacement soon. Thanks for your comment on my blog!