CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Let's Play Catch Up

First, thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers for my test. I won't know the results until November. I think I did ok and I am thinking positively! I WILL pass in November!


Secondly, Saturday, I was in my cabinet trying to reorganize. I decided to move the stuff from one cabinet to another cabinet. But I had to raise the shelf up a couple of holes because my stoneware is too tall. So, I cleaned out the cabinet, sprayed Clorox cleaner, wiped down cabinet, and went to raise the shelf. It was screwed in. No problem, I have a screwdriver set. Now, did you know that they make a square screw head? I sure did not! But luckily, my set had one... that did NOT fit! So, I tried everything, every screwdriver, ratchet, pliers, even a Pampered Chef paring knife (I was inspired by Sandy's grandmother, click here. It's a long post, scroll down to toaster oven.) None of those worked. I was just about to give up and take a saw to the shelf (just kidding). I gave it one last shot, a tiny tiny little flat head, much like an eyeglass screwdriver, and it WORKED! The flat head fit right in the square diagonally!! WooHoo! I was able to rearrange those two cabinets.

I'm working this summer. I teach music at an enrichment camp. It's pretty fun. I am at a different site this year and it is very different! Last year, the classes were assigned and sometimes doubled, meaning that class sizes were close to 20 - 25 students. That is a good size class because there are enough kids to play instruments, dance, and sing at the same time. This year, the students get to choose where they go and when. That means I could have 1 kid at a time!!! I can't do anything with one kid. They won't sing, they can't play the instrument parts, and they definitely won't dance! It's a pain. This week, I have pretty good class sizes. The smallest is four, which is blah, but much better than the 2 I had last week. My largest is probably 18 (two combined classes of 4/5/6 year olds.) We should have fun this week!

Not really much going on other than work... I should be cleaning, but I didn't get motivated today. I did clean this weekend though. I've got to play catch-up with cleaning since I'm done studying now...

0 comments: