CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Update

My Granny is still hanging on.  Now they don't know how long it will be.  They were so certain she wouldn't last through Monday night.  She's still the same as Monday.  Every time a hospice nurse comes in, they comment she won't make it through the hour they will be there, but she still keeps hanging on.  I talked to Dad this morning and he told me to go to work and that he would keep me posted throughout the day.  


I am so torn about what to do.  I know I need to go home, but I just don't want my last memory of my Granny to be of her dying.  I can not sit and watch her die.  That's what I would be doing if I went home right now.  My dad is surrounded by his aunts and uncles and his girlfriend.  He is not alone.  I have substitutes on "stand-by" and they will come in as soon as I need them.  Right now, I think the best thing for me to do is go to work.  I hope it is the right decision. 

0 comments: