CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

This morning, I slept in and texted Ms. Annette when I got out of bed. She and Mr. Chuck were on this side of the world, so I met them for lunch. After lunch, we decided to look at Home Depot for plants for what I refer to as my "weed bed." We would like to transform this "weed bed" into a flower garden. Ryan and I were going to attempt this undertaking, but we did not get around to it. Therefore, Mr. and Mrs. Jones wanted to help me with it. We looked at Home Depot and I showed them what I liked. Then we went to my house to see the actual space we were working with. That helped Ms. Annette to know how many plants we needed. We then went to Lowe's and looked some more. I thought I wanted a large flower pot that I can leave outside and just plant in that small area. She suggested we add some greenery around the pot. I think we decided to do a large pot with elephant ears and other green plants (and maybe some caladium). We got some Japanese holly bushes to go around the bed. They are supposed to stay small. Then I decided if I was making the front bed look nice that I needed to make the area around the mail box look nice too. So we bought some day lilies to go around that area. I will take before and after pics when we start working on the area.

We did buy a nice flower pot for my peace lily. It goes great in my dining room. The dining room has black and maroon accents and the flower pot is black with cream accents. The carpet in the dining room is cream. Below you will find pics of the pot and with the lily in the pot. I think he looks very happy in his new home! What do you think?


0 comments: