CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ok, I hear ya

Well, apparently I'm slacking on the blog again.... So, I have been informed of the last time I blogged :) So, back by popular demand.... (I think I may just blog on Wednesdays from now on. That is the trend lately...)

Last week, I was at a music conference. It happened to be held at The University of Alabama! ROLL TIDE! Thursday was ok. I really only enjoyed one session, about National Board Certification. The presenters were both certified and were talking about what to expect. It was very informative, especially to those who have not started the process. I did appreciate some advice they gave, as I have started the process. Friday, was AWESOME! We did a lot of drumming with Jim Solomon. I loved it. He is a wonderful clinician. We even had a drumming session Friday night! Saturday was not good either. We had two reading sessions. But I think the clinicians didn't realize they were presenting to elementary music teachers. They brought in music that my kids could NEVER sing, even if I had them everyday. It was just too hard. Oh well. I did enjoy seeing old friends and I even got to see a few professors from college. All in all, it was a great week. One other thing to note, was the FABULOUS recorder group. They were absolutely amazing! I've never heard children play recorders so well. I'm only a little ashamed that they play better than I do....

Now, on to the best part, the food! Thursday, I had to introduce the presenter right after lunch. SO we couldn't go too far. We went to Newk's. I had never been but it was delicious. I had a white bbq chicken sandwich and pasta salad. YummO! That night, a few of us went to the original Dreamland for some ribs and white bread. Super.... Friday, we ventured to a little hot dog shop that Ms. Annette told me about. OMG! Those are the best hot dogs!!! In fact, Carrie and I went back on Saturday for lunch too. Their slogan is "It's all in the bun" and they are right! It's like texas toast.... MMMMMM! Carrie and I went to Japanese on Friday night. It was yummy too. Overall, the week was filled with excellent food.

Ms. Annette and Mr. Chuck let me stay at their house during the conference even though they were out of town. This was a tremendous help because the hotel was about $160 a night! And I stayed 2 nights! I could not have done it! Crazy! So, thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Jones for opening their house to me!

Well, I do have some other stuff going on, but I gotta save something for later. And this was a long post...

But I will say, my mom had a birthday Sunday. So.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

0 comments: