CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Don't be cheap!

I got a WONDERFUL Christmas present from my dear friend, Sandy. I have used it several times, including tonight, and I love it! However, I was very cheap when I bought something to accompany it. And now I am let down every time I use it. She bought me an air popcorn popper. I wanted one. I talked about it to anyone who would listen. Well, Sandy listened. This one uses only air, no oil. So it's healthier for me, well until I add the butter to it. While shopping at the Walmart after she gave me the present, I purchased the "Great Value" popping corn. It was considerably cheaper than the Orville Redenbacher brand. Let me tell you, it may have been a "great value" but it is not a "great enjoyment." The texture is stale. It's very chewy. The taste is ok. Although, the popper is SUPER! After all, it can only work with what it's given. And I didn't give it much. So next trip to the Wally World, I will be purchasing some high quality popping corn. I can not be let down every time I use such an awesome gift.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Okay, I think I really need help! Like the professional kind. When did I turn into such a friggin' grown up? I get super excited when I go to the seventh level of hell (hey, some people call it Wally World...I have my own name for it) and find a new Great Value product. Least now I know not to try the popcorn...but for the most part it's great stuff!

Glad to know you're enjoying your popcorn popper but I saw no mention of flip-flops...? Just kidding! Well, I'm going to try and post this comment now if I can remember my stupid identity. Why the HECK do I need an identity just to post a comment? I have too many identities and passwords. Going to have to buy gingko biloba (sp?) to help me remember all of them. Oh wait! I can try Focus Factor for free! YIPEE! :-/

Later Tater,
Amanda