CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Starz

Baby, I'm a Star!

I was invited to a birthday party at a local karaoke bar. I arrived a little later than my friends and they had saved a seat for me in the corner. Of course, I responded with, "No one puts Baby in the corner!" (Aahh, Patrick Swayze. He was so hot back in the day.) Now, I love to sing, so this was the perfect evening for me. And we got there so early, there was only a small group of people there. I quickly looked through the list of songs by artist and picked a few of my faves to sing. I waited for my turn and sang my first song. I was a hit (if I do say so myself). Then a few other girls sang and then it was my turn again. WooHoo. Then the same few girls sang again and maybe a guy this time. My turn again! Yea! After that song, I had to pick another one because I can't just sit and listen at karaoke. I want to SING! Most of my readers know that I randomly break out into song on a regular basis. I love to sing! I sang one last song.

While my warm-up groups were on stage (I was the headliner after all. HeeHee. I'm just kidding), I had a chance to chat with some friends and eat some DELICIOUS strawberry birthday cake. I do not know who made it, but it was yumm-O! Now, 9:00 p.m. is my bedtime, so at 10:15 I was getting very sleepy. Although, I would've hung out and sung my heart out some more. However, my friend Sandy was ready to leave. I didn't know anyone else there, so I left with her and her husband, Mr. D. Overall, I believe a fun time was had by all, EXCEPT Sandy! To read her side of the story, please visit her blog. This was her wonderful idea to have "A Tale of Two Blogs". I think it's an excellent way to see the two sides of the story.

I LOVED Saturday night. Below you will see two pics, one of Sandy and me before she got antsy :) and the other of me on stage.


0 comments: