CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I went to my hometown to see my family this weekend before my brother leaves for Alaska tomorrow.  He has been in town for a visit.  


I drove home on Friday after work.  His friend's family had a cook-out for us.  We enjoyed hot dogs and hamburgers with the trimmings.  We had a great time catching up with everyone.  

Saturday, mom and I got up and went grocery shopping.  When we returned home, we decided we wanted to go bowling.  So we texted Jamey (he was in the bed and we were in the living room) and asked him if he wanted to go.  He said yes and we went to the local alley.  I stink at real bowling.  I should stick with wii bowling.  We bowled three games and I lost all three!  I only broke 100 in our last game.  That night, mom grilled steaks and I made Sandy's famous brownies.  They are so yummy.  

Sunday, I went to visit with dad and granny.  We had a nice visit and ate lunch together.  It stormed during the afternoon, so I waited for the worst to pass.  When it slacked off, about 3:00 p.m., I started toward home.  After a quick trip to the cemetery (in the rain), I travelled on north.  Now I am watching a movie and washing clothes.  

It is so hard for me to leave my family, but extra hard when I'm leaving my brother because I don't know when I will see him again.  I'm already emotional and it just about wrecks me when I leave him.  

0 comments: