CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm connected, right now

Tomorrow, I have a dentist appt in the morning and my "yearly" in the afternoon. I am not looking forward to either one :(

I do have a praise report tonight. Yesterday, the church sermon was on "Imagineering". Imagining that something can happen in your life and then believing it will happen. So, there are a few things I have been praying and asking God for, but yesterday and then this morning, instead of asking for it, I stated that I believed that it would happen and thanked God for it and went on about my business. Well, of course, one of those requests was money (who doesn't pray for more money?). This morning, a gentleman from a local church called and asked if I was interested in an interim children's choir director job. I listened to the responsibilities and called a couple of friends who work there (I will be doing one of those friends' job while she is in school). I decided to take the position! It is only through December, but that is money I wouldn't have without this job. Wow, how God works when you believe.

My neighbor tried figuring out why I can't use her internet. We still don't know why, however, she accidently unplugged the router while talking to me and it seems I have signal again! Maybe it just needed to be reset. WooHoo! However, I believe I am telling DirecTV bye-bye this week because of technical issues they can't seem to fix without an $80 service call and then a possible $75 new dish. And then that would mean a new 24 month contract. So, I contacted my local cable company and talked to them about incentives to leave Dish and they gave me 50% off services for a year and then 25% off the second year. So, I have decided to go with cable AND get my very own internet! And I'm getting a DVR! WooHoo! I can't wait! This is only going to cost me about $20 more a month (YES, cable is more expensive than dish! Can you believe that?) But I am getting internet and DVR (Which would be $130 more with dish plus a monthly charge as well). I think I am doing a good thing, I hope. I HATE change!

I also think I am changing cell service. I currently have At&t, but am thinking about Sprint. They have a nice "everything" plan for $99.99 ~ unlimited texts, media, and minutes! I don't have unlimited minutes and I am paying more than that right now! I would save the $20 I am spending on cable, so I would still be paying the same amount a month in bills. But I would be getting MORE STUFF!!!!! That is always great!

0 comments: