CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Teacher Appreciation

Carrie and I headed to Staples this morning for Teacher Appreciation Day! Hooray! Or as one store called it Teacher "Appriciation" Day. Spell check must not work on all computers. What a shame...

Anyway, we were a little let down this year by the lack of freebies and good deals. The store did give us a flash drive, very nice. However, they did not give us a tote bag (I never have enough of these. Just kidding!) We left that Staples and went to another one, where we got another flash drive. They gave us a goodie bag too! Score! They also had a 50 cent box of stuff that I could use in my treasure box at school.

This is a list of our activities today:

1. yard sale
(I bought a set of three baskets that were marked $7. I asked if she would take five and she DID! I will use the large one for my copious amounts of water bottles.)

2. Staples #1
(We bought scissors for $.99, regularly $5.99)

3. Staples #2
(We bought $.50 stuff and some expandable files on clearance. Carrie said I needed these for my National Board Certification work.)

4. Chick-fil-a
(Breakfast)

5. Target
(ONE magazine holder. I needed a red one and my Target made me mad last night! So I went to another one today.)

6. Library
(Carrie returned and then checked out CDs. Miss Katie Jane was not at work today)

7. Goody's
(Two pair of shoes and a pair of capris. It is going out of business and everything is 70% off)

8. Kirklands
(Nothing. We were checking to see if these cool music wall hangings were on sale yet. Not yet)

During 6, 7, 8 and 9, it was STORMING! We decided to skip Home Depot until later when we went to eat dinner and hopefully it would not be raining.

9. Sam's
(Gas)

10. Home
(Lunch, A Bee Movie, nap)

11. Wrapsody
(Nothing. Just wanted to look. The window display was cool.)

12. Wings
(Dinner)

13. Home Depot
(Weather stripping for door and air condition filters)

We were quite busy today. Tomorrow, I am headed to church and then need to get started on organizing and cleaning my house :( We'll see how much organizing and cleaning I get done.

0 comments: