CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What's the name?

Sandy and I went to the game store to purchase my Wii Fit today.  Ryan and I put a reserve on one at the end of April.  He had put a reserve on GTA4 that he did not use, so he had a credit at the store he needed to use and I jokingly suggested that he transfer it toward a Wii Fit for me.  He agreed and I protested, of course, because I wouldn't let him do things for me (he always got irritated with me because of this).  We decided to do it and I paid the rest of the deposit.  Well, I got the receipt but we left everything in his name.  Then after the accident, I took the receipt and had the phone number and name changed to mine.  I didn't receive the phone call yesterday that I was told to expect.  When I went in today, I told them I had a reserve and they asked, "what's the name?"  Well, because I didn't receive the phone call, I wasn't sure the name had been changed so I just gave him the receipt and told him I had changed the info.  He looked it up and asked, "Tiffani Jones?"  Now, yes, my name is Tiffani but my last name is not Jones.  Ryan's last name was Jones.  So I said, "sure, that's good."  He rang the game up and I paid.  As we left, Sandy was checking on me to make sure I was ok.  I was ok, amazingly.  I told his mom about it and she said that today I was fine, but another day I might have broken down.  She's right.  Who knows with me lately?


This is funny, but the events leading to this are even funnier.  

Before the accident, Ryan and I were just dating.  Then at the memorial, we became engaged, as I was introduced as his fiance (I'm sure this was just a slip), and then this afternoon we apparently got married and I became Tiffani Jones.  His mom thinks this is an omen.  I'm not sure of what, since that can never happen now...

Another funny.  Yesterday I received a sympathy card from my grandmother's best friend.  She had included a copy of her church bulletin from Mother's Day.  The pastor had included a prayer request for the three families and said that I was the fiance of Brian King.  Brian was the pilot and married with three kids!  Oops!  I hope his wife doesn't see that.  The thought was nice.  (I still don't know why it was said I was the "fiance" of anyone.  It's ok.  I wouldn't have minded being engaged to Ryan.)

I love you, Ryan!  

0 comments: